lunedì 29 novembre 2010

Dear Research Diary,

I am back from Morocco. My trip was great. I saw a lot of things, and although none of them were directly pertinent to my thesis topic, it was refreshing to look at objects from a world about which I know little, and to do this purely for my enjoyment (usually visual). After days of a chaos of musicians, snake charmers, and sneaky tricksters, I am back to continue my quest for a solid thesis topic.

Today I briefly chatted with my Italian politics prof, who I know is quite knowledgeable in Ukraine, as I have travelled there with his class some semesters ago. Also he is published on this topic. Anyway, I told him that I'm working on this and he was rather overjoyed, and pointed me in the direction of 3 very good books on the history of Ukraine, as well as the online Encyclopedia of Ukraine, which he claims has many entries on Ukraine's history of art.
Of course after our chat I went to the library. I found two of the three books. They are veryyy large, and proved to be unhelpful in the subject of art, but of course I will be using them to contextualize my research historically. The online encyclopedia is sooooooo primitive and not so easy to use, but has good bibliographies on many ukrainian artists, with adequate bibliographies (once you finally find what you are looking for).

Tomorrow I have a meeting with Prof. Gianni. I am looking forward to it and know she will be helpful.





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento